Another Great Day (and Night) in Maui


 Oh Yeah! It's hula time. Went to a Luau on a beautiful, breezy evening. Had pictures taken, grabbed a Mai Tai and a seat, and prepared to enjoy the show.



This is what I wore: Skirt from Simplicity 1663






 A light, ruffled, cotton jersey top from the Loft, and a gauze skirt that I made. I found this sunset inspired gauze at Hancock Fabrics and knew just what to do with it. The store also had the nude stretch lining that I love to use.  I lined it down to the knee slit...







The pattern has several options for knee slits, but I decided one was enough for me :-) The skirt was absolutely a breeze to make and sooooooo comfortable to wear!














Tip: No need to finish the edge of the stretch 
lining because it will never fray! Love it!!


Unbelievably, this was the only time we were on the island that the skies opened up and let loose. We stayed to watch the whole show, but were drenched in the process. My lovely family and I definitely had a memorable evening!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my NEW Blog!

A Blue Dress for Summer! : Vogue 9253

A Red Top for Valentine's Day ; Vogue 9360