Going back to the Closet

So, I have been going back to my closet lately to find old pieces and giving them a new look.

Here I have a floral straight skirt I made using my pattern software. I paired it with a men's look tailored striped shirt and pearls. I think it gives a rather modern look.

                                         Tip: I created a 1" waistband so I could wear it with 
                                         a top tucked in or over the top. Makes it very comfortable
                                         (especially for singing;-)

It is a cotton twill I found at Hancock's years ago, but I loved the print. Not quite floral and not quite abstract. I put in an invisible zipper for a professional look.


Luckily, we had a beautiful day in Austin where I could wear something with longer sleeves.

I wore this to sing in the choir at church while my daughter played trumpet in the orchestra. She loved it because we sang a hymn based on Gustov Holst's Planets - Jupiter. Great part for trumpets, by the way!

Have a great week!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my NEW Blog!

A Blue Dress for Summer! : Vogue 9253

A Red Top for Valentine's Day ; Vogue 9360