My First Sweater!

So, my abuelita from South America would come visit us when I was little, She could not speak even a little English, but she taught me how to knit! I was probably 8 years old. So, I've known how to do the knit stitch all these years, but never applied it. Recently, I found a class on Craftsy called My First Sweater. It takes you step-by-step through the process of knitting a sweater. I had to try it!

Here is my first sweater!


I used a Lion's Brand wool in this cool butterscotch color. I had to lengthen the sleeves an inch to accommodate my wide shoulders and longer arms. But the pattern could be altered to widen the sleeve cap, which I would do next time.

You can see the lovely little eyelet detail along the raglan sleeve that adds interest to an otherwise plain sweater.

I think I would like to knit another one day. I have a friend that spins and dyes wool. Maybe I can talk her into parting with a few skeins. And maybe a new neckline, or cardigan style.....


So many options!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my NEW Blog!

A Blue Dress for Summer! : Vogue 9253

A Red Top for Valentine's Day ; Vogue 9360